Monday, September 1, 2008

comex 2008 hoot

no hoots. Only a hoot - Sandisk Ultra II SDHC 8GB card for my Fujifilm camera.

a snapshot that includes flash is faster now - no more blank screen when i attempt to take a picture right after the previous one. The transfer is also faster, close to my Sandisk Cruzer. If you're still not aware, buy only Sandisk thumbdrives - they're somewhat faster, especially in terms of writing smaller files. I remember frantically copying my CS3214 netbeans project into my Sandisk and Imation (licensed from Trek) 1 minute before submission - gave up on the latter. I have not seen a single error on Sandisk thumbdrives before.

wanted to get the Sony SR from Courts, apparently they were throwing in the Acer Aspire One netbook for every laptop purchase. It would be a good steal, but apparently my Fujitsu Lifebook S6520 order has been confirmed. It's coming this wednesday.

the Lifebook is slightly better spec-ed, having a 14.1' LED screen in a 13.3' chassis, DDR3 4GB memory and Intel Wifi 5300AGN wireless adapter (3 antenna configuration), and best of all 1.7kg. The Sony SR uses 13.3' LED screen, DDR2 4GB memory and the 5100AGN adapter (1 antenna configuration), weighs roughly 1.9kg. Despite the hardware differences (and $490 pricier), i still like the branding of Sony. No fate though, maybe my 4th notebook will be a Sony.

if you're wondering why the Lifebook costs lesser than the SR, i'm getting it from here.

No comments: